Community Action Agencies
Please contact your community action agencies to learn what services may be available to you.
Contact your local Community Action Agency to learn more about or to apply for the Electric Assistance, Fuel Assistance, or Weatherization Assistance Programs.
Helpful tips when applying:
- Be sure to provide all requested information and keep any appointment that you make.
- If you are homebound and unable to visit a CAA office, please call your local Community Action Agency office and ask about other options, such as a home interview, an interview over the phone, and mail-in applications.
- You can apply for Electric Assistance, Fuel Assistance, and Weatherization Assistance at the same time. You do not need to receive benefits from one program to participate in the other programs.
Community Action Program, Belknap/Merrimack Counties
- All Belknap and Merrimack County Residents
Southern New Hampshire Services
- Hillsborough County
- Manchester (603) 647-4470 (Manchester toll free 1-800-322-1073)
- Nashua (603) 889-3440: (Nashua toll free 1-877-211-0723)
- Peterborough (603) 924-2243
- Hillsborough (Monday and Friday) (603) 924-2243
- Milford (Tuesday and Thursday) (603) 924-2243
- Peterborough, Hillsborough and Milford toll free 1-877-757-7048
- Rockingham County
- Derry (603) 965-3029: (Derry toll free 1-855-295-4105)
- Salem (603) 893-9172 (Salem toll free 1-800-939-9172)
- Portsmouth (603) 436-3896 (Portsmouth toll free 1-800-639-3896)
- Seabrook (603) 474-3507 (Seabrook toll free 1-800-979-3507
- Raymond (603) 895-2303 (Raymond toll free 1-800-974-2303)
Southwestern Community Services (Cheshire and Sullivan Counties)
- Keene (603) 352-7512
- Claremont (603) 542-9528
- Long Distance: 1-800-529-0005 (Cheshire County)
Community Action Partnership of Strafford County
- Dover (603) 435-2500
- Rochester (603) 435-2500
- Anyone in Strafford County can schedule an appointment from either office
Tri-County Community Action (Coos, Carroll and Grafton Counties)
- All Coos, Carroll and Grafton County Residents
Other Assistance Resources
- Neighbor Helping Neighbor (for customers of Eversource, Liberty and Unitil)
- Project Care (for NHEC customers only)
- 211 Dial 211 or 1-866-444-4211
- NH Adult and Aging Care 1-866-634-9412
- Financial Assistance